[RP TownTalk] Road Anarchy, Queensbury & Rt 1

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Sat May 22 18:34:45 UTC 2010

I first moved to Riverdale Park in the late the late 1980's, a lot of things we take for granted were distant projects,
 the college park subway
Paint Branch Parkway
River Road
The buildings along river Road
the Riverdales Mansion was the location of park and planing offices.
the empty Jamal building across form S&J's was a biker bar...

so any changes CSX has on the boards for our at grade crossing are going to be an inevitable future - as long as we live in Riverdale Park.
this is obviously something that will take proactive involvement from the town government. It will take commitment form someone who understands these things and is willing to work for a positive outcome. It cant be faced with an attitude of well its such a big job that it is impossible.

Nothing ever gets done with defeatist attitude. We have serious problem in our town and it needs to be treated as a priority.
Edmonston seems to have gotten help with its serious problems so why can't Riverdale Park?
Its a matter of commitment.