[RP TownTalk] blocking the box

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 17:28:11 UTC 2010

It's a little funny that this issue (which is indeed a nightmare) came up now.  I was recently in Mobile with my parents.  I was sitting at a red light.  The woman behind me was beeping and gesticulating anxiously.  I was amused; what was I supposed to do?  My father then explained that blocking the box is a serious driving offense in Mobile (this driver was blocking the box) and drivers are more likely to get a ticket for that than anything else.

This is also a safety hazard, right?  They are also potentially blocking emergency vehicles.

So, let's raise revenue and retrain the drivers that block the box at this intersection!!!

Nancy