[RP TownTalk] Dog Park

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 11:59:22 UTC 2010

RE the dog park; maybe when plans for dog parks are "in the works" some of the
people involved see it as a chance to "dump" some otherwise unuseable land?
After all, it's "just dogs," right?  (goes without saying that last part
is sarcastic, I'm a big-time animal lover)  I don't  have a dog at this time but
I wouldn't want to try and play with it in a swampy or gravelly area myself and
I can't imagine the dog would like it.

As for the sounds of Metro; I live on the corner of Ravenswood and Lafayette and
many times I can hear the Metro as it goes over the bridge in College Park (if
you're standing at our train station, you can actually see the trains).  As I've
said before, I realize a certain amount of development in any area is inevitable
but our lovely neighborhood atmosphere is slowly but surely being nibbled away.
Really a shame.

AND; as for your experience at Staples - good to hear that excellent customer
service still exists; have you sent a letter or anything to Matthews' boss or
even the president of the company?  I'm sure all of us how good a complement
makes you feel!

Sue