[RP TownTalk] 2010 Riverdale Park Festival of Lights & Holiday Market Activity Request

Jim Coleman jcolema3 at aol.com
Wed Nov 10 20:20:47 UTC 2010

Hi,
It's Jim Coleman, coordinator of Riverdale Park's annual holiday event. The
festival will run from Noon to 8 PM on Saturday, December 11. I have the
following program activities available for coordination:

   - Publicity for this year's event - includes mailing lists and press
   releases
   - Town Center Interior Decoration - involves painting of plastic
   sheeting, placement of temporary lighting, cleaning of floors, and testing
   electrical circuits
   - Train Station Decoration - involves decoration of interior areas of
   train station in preparation for Santa Visits.
   - Santa Visits - involves picture taking with a digital camera, and a
   photo printer, coordinating Santa volunteers and Fire Department.
   - Canned food drive - involves decorating boxes of canned food that will
   be donated to local food pantries.
   - Bake off - involves setting up rules for dessert competition, running
   the contest (usually by popular vote at the Holiday market), and declaring
   the winners.
   - Non-profit cider sales - involves buying cider, heating with personal
   equipment, and selling while market is open.
   - Trolley tours - We need more tour guides and entertainers.

These are the areas where we need the most help. Just send me an email on
how you'd like to be involved in this year's activities. Meetings will be
held based on how quickly I receive your statement of interest.

Sincerely,

Jim Coleman
Festival of Lights Coordinator
ph: 301-332-6258