[RP TownTalk] F4 bus - reply

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 15:38:43 UTC 2010

Glad that someone else misses the F4 bus service through town; I didn't know it
was still listed on the website as coming through town center, thanks for that
info!  I'd tried contacting Metro several times and got the usual canned
response, "we're looking into the matter and thank you for riding Metro," etc.
I noticed last week the 'permanent' bus sign in front of Wachovia bank just had
the 83 bus listed with an attached paper sign that F4 stopped there, too.
However, I think the sign at Queensbury and Rte. 1 for buses heading to PG Plaza
DOES have F4 listed.  So don't know what they'll do.

Maybe some people do like the fact that the buses aren't coming through town;
however,for each person that's riding that bus, it's one person less potentially
driving through town. And I can't help but believe that when Metro rerouted the
buses that it affected local businesses in town, including the farmers' market,
our arts festivals, etc; it was easy to hop off the bus and visit the market,
stop at S&J's or Dumms, etc., but not so easy if you have to walk to town center
from Route 1 or the school.

Thanks again for the information.