[RP TownTalk] This N That

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 13:38:54 UTC 2010

Sue - I am with you 100% on the F4 bus. I have communicated with our
town reps on a number of occasions about it, and the word has always
been, coming from WMATA, that they're finalizing their plans to return
to the original routing. As you say, obviously, nothing has happened
on that front.  I *do* take heart in the fact that if you use WMATA's
"Trip Planner" you'll note that they have never changed the routing of
the bus there. They still tell me I can catch the bus at 48th &
Riverdale Rd or Lafayette & Queensbury.  Ha! I pity any poor newcomers
who fall for that one! But at least that tells me that they really do
plan on reinstituting the old routing. I just wish we knew when, and
that it was sooner rather than later.

Apropos the other discussion, I will add, though, that life at our
house on Riverdale Rd has been *much* quieter since the F4 bus was
re-routed to East West Highway.  So if quiet were everything, I guess
we'd lobby to keep the current routing. But the convenience of having
the bus come near the house is important - and I want it back. Noise
and all.