[RP TownTalk] Dogs At Riversdale

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 01:15:35 UTC 2010

OK, fellow Riverdalians, I'm so furious my fingertips are sweating.  Seriously.

Attention - male owners of the tan Akita and another dog (my older girl thinks it looked like a greyhound with rounder ears) that you let run loose on the mansion grounds Saturday evening -   At the least, you owe my daughters and my friend a sincere apology, and you owe my daughter a new pair of shoes ($50 at REI).  BTW, we do have a photo of you with your dog.

Listen to this, neighbors -

Our housemate, acting as babysitter, took my daughters to the mansion this evening with their scooters.  Actually, my daughters wanted to show her the beautiful grounds, as she is new here.  They were very delighted at the prospect!

When they entered the grounds the friend (Mandy) was walking with my youngest daughter Lily (she's 5) and the Akita rushed at them, circled, and bit and jumped  at my friend's back. The 5 year old began to run and her shoe fell off.  The dog pounced on the shoe and put a hole in it.  They ran away with the shoe, which the owners then returned.

To let you know, we have contacted the police, and we do have a photo of you with your dog, though to fuzzy for the police to use.  The police are very frustrated and ready to prosecute when they can catch you.

What you've done is against the law, incredibly foolish, and frightened my two children and our dear friend.

I know someone on this list knows who owns these dogs.  I hope you pass on my message.

We all know this is NOT the first time people have been knocked down, jumped on, and otherwise threatened by loose dogs at the mansion.  THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!

Oh, I gotta go, Mandy found another, much clearer photo on her phone!!

Nancy Mooney
(waiting for payment for shoes and apology)