[RP TownTalk] EXTERNAL:Re: Fwd: Speed Cameras in College Park

McDougall, Sherene (Law) Sherene.McDougall at ngc.com
Wed Nov 17 18:56:20 UTC 2010

I too can understand the safety issue.  I received 2 tickets from the
cameras on East/West Highway & Taylor Rd area in July of this year, this
was just after the signs went up indicating it was a "school zone" area
and the cameras were put in place.   I wanted to contest the tickets but
wasn't given any information for that process so I had to pay the
tickets.  Anyhow, I would like to know what is the purpose of the camera
at the corner of Rt 1 (heading North to College Park) and East/West
Highway.  Is this for red-light runners?  I have seen it flashing when
eastbound traffic on East/West Highway have the  green light to turn
left onto Rt 1 and when the northbound traffic on Rt 1 are turning left
onto East/West Highway going west.

Sherene