[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Speed Cameras in College Park

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 18:33:37 UTC 2010

>From a policy point of view - to promote safety - I think speed cameras make
good sense when you have a specific limited area of concern: school zone
crossings; bike path (or pedestrian) crossing.  From this perspective
locating them on Paint Branch where the bike path crosses, or by Riverdale
Elementary is a good use of a cost-saving tool. The one on Connecticut
Avenue in the postage stamp-sized "Village of Chevy Chase View" (just
happens to be a specific one I'm familiar with, between the Beltway and
Kensington) is clearly a revenue-collection device.