[RP TownTalk] Town thinking about selling off land

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 14:01:00 UTC 2010

Jim is correct on the selling price and the square footage of the lot on
5000 block of Tuckerman.  I don't agree that you can make a judgement on
price by looking at one property.  This particular property Jim is talking
about was a very distressed property, but there is also some history that goes
with it.  This property was sold in March of 2010 for $53370.  In  April
2010 it was put back on the market (no work being done and it was a  mess.
mold, fleas, dirt, clutter, old food, etc. etc.) and sold for  $83000.  Not a
bad return on investment for one month.  $29630.   Don't know where you can
get that kind of return on your money these days.   See, you can make money
in real estate!

An appraiser would likely compare the lots to other finished lots in the
area, not distressed real estate.
He would also take into consideration the prime location backing up to the
park.  He would also give consideration to the building on one of the  lots.
I don't believe in selling anything without an official appraisal.
Audrey

In a message dated 10/7/2010 12:44:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,