[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 51, Issue 15/Diesel

Euniverz euniverz at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 11:33:44 UTC 2010

Hi Amy,

I am so sorry your Diesel is still lost.  Rest assured you have done a good job alerting the neighborhoods; I'm sure manypeople are aware of his disappearance.  I know I am.

I'm sure you are already aware of all this, but it is critical that you also work with PG Animal Management.  Check with them EVERY day, make sure you get ahold of a human being (press 1).  You may also want to consider not only filing a lost dog report complete with pictures, but you might also need to go to the shelter every couple of days to make sure your dog's not there, i.e., don't depend on animal management to spot your dog in the shelter and let you know.   PG AMD is required by law to only hold a stray dog for three business days.  Ask them directly if they have picked up ANYdogs in a couple mile radius of here--don't depend on them to check without you asking about it.  Also, you might want to contact the Greenbelt and College Park animal control departments.  And mention his microchip when you describe him.

You may also want to consider setting up a humane trap somewhere near where he was last seen.  I think I still have a working trap big enough, if not, I might be able to find someone with a suitable trap.  Also, I think there is a lost dog tracking service somewhere around here that might be able to assist (google?).

If you want, feel free to shoot me an email.

Adrianne Lefkowitz, President
Maryland Dog Federation
marylanddogfederation at yahoo.com
www.marylanddogfederation.com
Concerned friends of man's best friend

We have been missing our dog, Diesel, since late Sunday the 17th. We are
ncredibly worried about him and heartbroken that we have been without him for
o long.

iesel is a neutered male Husky mix, about 8 years old. He is mostly black with
hite and tan markings. He has a white chest, tan legs/feet, and white/tan
arkings on his face. He was not wearing a collar when he escaped from our yard
n Crittenden Street and 52nd Ave in Edmonston, however he has a microchip and a
aded ID tattoo on his inner thigh. He is very friendly with people and other
ogs.

lease contact me by email (amyrogers1 at live.com) or phone (202-412-1940) if you
ave seen him or have any information at all.

e are offering a $500 reward for his return.

e have received some phone calls from neighbors who have seen lost dogs that
ave unfortunately not matched Diesel's description. The best information we
ave so far is that a black dog was seen running around with another dog near
aylor Road. We often walk Diesel in the Riverdale Park and Edmonston Area and
n the trail that runs along the Anacostia river, so he is likely to have run
ff in that direction.

hank you for keeping your eyes open for Diesel.

my Rogers