[RP TownTalk] Visiting teachers from our sister city in Guatemala

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 10:17:24 UTC 2010

Greetings friends and neighbors,

I want to announce that we are expecting visitors from our sister city of
Ipala Guatemala during the first two weeks of October.  As you may be aware
we have organized and sent cadreys of teachers to Ipala each of the last two
summers, and now they are sending a group of 5 teachers and a principal for
professional development visiting Prince George's County Schools.

I write today to both inform you of the visit, and to ask for a few
volunteers.  We need 2 or 3 households who are willing to allow one of the
teachers to stay with them.  The actual time frame is from October 1-15.
There are many evening activities planned that will keep the teacher away
not just during the day, but also over the weekends.  If you are interested
in exploring this opportunity to get to know some new and interesting people
from abroad, please contact me.

Also, the teachers will be at Riverdale Park Day on October 2 and at 7 PM on
October 4 (prior to our next Council Legislative Session) there will be a
reception at Town Hall both for the visitors from Ipala and for the teachers
from our area that worked in Ipala over the last two summers.

Best wishes,

Vern

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor