[RP TownTalk] shocking strong armed robbery on Harrison Street reply

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 11:42:27 UTC 2010

This is horrible and all the more shocking as it took place in broad daylight.
I'm also glad that neither the woman nor her daughter were seriously injured.  I
also saw on crimereports.com the other week that around 9:00 in the evening a
woman was assaulted in the 4700 block of Ravenswood Road;  no details about
exactly what happened.

I would "second" Mayor Archers' post that we all remain alert as to what's
around us, especially if we're out and about.  Too, if you ARE approached by
someone who demands your money, please don't try and resist, give them the
money, it's not worth getting hurt or killed.

Speaking of being alert - I've noticed that the lights at the entranceway to my
apt. building on the 4700 block of Ravenswood are being turned out overnight.
My apartment doesn't face the front of the building, so I can't see who is doing
what.  However, I can't imagine why anyone would "need" to turn out the lights
unless they were doing something they didn't want seen.  If you see anything
suspicious outside my building (or anywhere), people loitering, etc., please
notify the police and let them check into it.

As they used to say on Hill Street Blues, "Let's be careful out there."