[RP TownTalk] Charles Ryan - get well card, etc.

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 18:18:57 UTC 2011

Saw that the Channel 7/TBD news website had an article about Chief Ryan and the
other firefighters that were hurt last week; they mentioned the get well card at
the farmers' market today and the fundraiser at Franklins.  Good to know that
the word is getting out there!  But even if people choose to donate blood, etc.,
on their own or send their own cards, that is no less meaningful than getting
together in a group!  Matter of fact it would greatly resemble what we used to
call in the old day of penpals a "card shower," where you get people from all
over to send cards, letters, etc., to a person who's ill, injured, having a
birthday, or whatever, whether they know them or not.  Even if Chief Ryan can't
receive the cards and things now, when he DOES get into a private room or goes
home, I'm sure all of the good wishes will help in his recovery.    Chuck, get
back to your First Due, we miss ya!