[RP TownTalk] Soccer nets and birds

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Thu Apr 28 14:53:03 UTC 2011

Glad to report this morning -
the nets are DOWN

--- On Thu, 4/28/11, Sue Collins <wheadle at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Sue Collins <wheadle at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RP TownTalk] Soccer nets and birds
To: ABragg7393 at aol.com, peggylint at aol.com, TownTalk at riverdale-park.org
Date: Thursday, April 28, 2011, 11:42 AM

I agree, these nets could be a big danger to our birds; goodness knows with all of the construction in the area we're losing more and more bird species all the time, we don't need to lose more birds because of soccer ball nets.  I've even seen bald eagles around the water and woods near the gosling pond and surrounding areas; Bad enough if it's any other species, but wouldn't it be heartbreaking if one of our national birds got caught in the net?