[RP TownTalk] Route 1 and Queensbury Road

Cranky old Coot lking at knob.com
Wed Aug 3 15:44:09 UTC 2011

Dwight Holmes wrote, On 8/3/2011 8:15 AM:
 > About a year ago this subject came up.

And the year before that, etc. It use to be concern of the families on
East Beale as their kids would run across the street to the park. Those
kids have now grown up and moved away and its the grand-kids that go to
the park. But the cut-through traffic is still there.

When they cut-through from rt 1 to Queensbury and gets blocked by a
train they cut back to 410 on Beale.

Going south on rt 1 they make a left onto 410 then a right onto Beale
then onto Queensbury to the tracks.

Once traffic humps were considered. The local Fire Dept. objected to
that because Queensbury is the main (only) way in and out for their
equipment and often used by the Station at Belcrest and Queens Chapel
when supporting Riverdale Park.

If this were an easy answer, it would have been fixed. If the harder
answers were cheap ...

What really gripes me is that they sit in front of my keepers house for
2 or 3 cycles of the rt 1/Queensbury light with their loud car stereos
vibrating my window. - A sure sign of old age complaining about the "music".

COC
--
I'm the Cranky Old Coot's keeper, and I approve this message

Lou King

P.S. No what really gripes me is that I must be getting old!