[RP TownTalk] [] if you support mixed use development of Cafritz property/UTC sale today

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:10:43 UTC 2011

University Town Center was suppose to get an upscale Safeway. That obviously fell through....

I attended meetings with the developer of UTC. They swore that the development was going to be a mirror copy of Reston Town Center. Ice skating ring, Georgetown looking fronts on all the ground level stores etc...
Later, after they got zoning approvals, they said they had to modify the plan  because the demographics would not support that kind of development.

The got a movie theater after Prince Georges Plaza rejected the offer.