[RP TownTalk] if you support mixed use development of Cafritz property...

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 22:04:38 UTC 2011

I read the links and saw nothing strange or out of place Whole Foods, along
with the community development folks, fully supported the Farmers' Market in
Silver Spring. That's a GREAT thing that clearly shows where Whole Foods'
corporate heads are. As you might know, Farmers' Markets are often permitted
to sell small-scale foods that major markets are sometimes prohibited from
selling without FDA and USDA inspections. (The Farmers' Market at USDA's DC
headquarters recently was forced to stop selling poultry because the chix
didn't get checked back at the farm, sorta embarrassing for the USDA...)

But a Whole Foods, a Riverdale Park Farmer's Market and an expanded version
of Dumm's Corner Market could very well have a great symbiotic relationship,
together becoming a very busy and attractive commercial and business
district. Imagine, "a frickin' fresh food mecca!" right here in downtown
Riverdale Park.

(Mecca -- hope that word doesn't get me into trouble with you Fox News
viewers...)

-- JY

--
Jeffrey Yorke