[RP TownTalk] Cafritz et al.

Jonathan W. Ebbeler jebbeler at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Thu Aug 11 03:58:09 UTC 2011

All -

The Cafritz Conceptual Site Plan was filed with MNCPPC on Monday. As of
today
the Riverdale Park City Council is not in possession of a copy so I cannot
comment on any specificity. We know it was filed under MUI not the suggested
M-U-TC zoning. We are in possession of their June 30th draft traffic study.

For those of you that are interested, M-U-TC zoning is pedestrian-oriented
with
well-established design standards that require development decisions and
approvals go through a local planning committee. MUI zoning does not have
the
same level of architectural detail/density/landscaping requirements, and is
not
packaged as pedestrian-oriented. Also, direction on MUI planning decisions
are
made at the county not local level.

To address some of the topics over the last few days, I thought it important
share what will be on the RP City Council Work Session Agenda on the 29th.
The
agenda will include items I have been working on since elected and sworn
into
office a little over 2 months ago. They include the following:

-Red Light Camera Installation on Rt1/Queensbury
-Art and Entertainment District State Designation
-Grants for RP historical walking tour maps
-Establishment of the Riverdale Park Emergency Response Plan

To spur another topic - I would love to hear people's feedback on a Rt1
traffic
mitigation idea. Any thoughts on creating a traffic light-controlled traffic
circle (similar to what is present in Mt. Ranier) at the entrance of the
Cafritz
property? This would prevent cars from driving 50+ MPH on RT1 - something I
think we all see on a daily basis as well as allowing for an additional rain
garden in the middle of the circle.

I trust people will continue to stay engaged on these issues and direct
their
passions towards productive dialog. The issues we face in our individual
municipalities impact us all and collective engagement is critical.

Jonathan W. Ebbeler | Councilmember - Ward One

Town of Riverdale Park
 <mailto:jebbeler at riverdaleparkmd.gov> jebbeler at riverdaleparkmd.gov

<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=2000+Airport+Road%2C+Suite+1
25&csz=Atlanta%2C+GA+30341&country=us> 5008 Queensbury Road
Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Office:
<http://www.plaxo.com/click_to_call?lang=en&src=jj_signature&To=888%2D861%2D
8881&Email=jebbeler at efusionconsulting.com> 301-927-6381