[RP TownTalk] if you support mixed use development of Cafritz property...

bruce.wernek at mindspring.com bruce.wernek at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 11 13:19:21 UTC 2011

In case you haven't noticed, the Town Center has been vacant for 30+ years if not longer.  I've been attempting to get a long term business in the town center for the last ~20 years.  They come and they go because there is not enough interest in Town or elsewhere to keep them afloat.  One offs are not going to keep the RP Farmer's Market alive.  If Whole Foods and the EYA organic market pull a modest percentage of shoppers away (very likely), it won't be profitable for the farmers to do business in our Town.

I predict when the EYA organic market opens it's going negatively effect the RP Farmers Market.  Add to that Whole Foods and Mom's and what's left?