[RP TownTalk] Cafrtiz Presentation and New Police Chief Nomination

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 11:48:11 UTC 2011

Friends and Neighbors,

I have announcements about two items of significant interest to us all that
I want to make sure you are aware of:

1) The development team working on the Cafritz/Calvert Hills property will
be making a presentation to the council and community as well as answer
questions at our next council work session on August 29 at 8 PM. This will
be the second of what will likely be many interactions with our community in
the coming months (and years?) so please come on out.

2) I have nominated Major David Morris (formerly of the Prince George's
County Police Department) to fill the post of Chief of Police for our town.
His nomination will be acted on at our next Legislative meeting on Tuesday
September 6 so please come out and meet and ask questions from the nominee.
David and I plan on visiting some spots around town over the next couple of
weeks including we will be at the farmers market this Thursday between 5 and
6, so if you would like to meet him please look us up.

David Morris worked for PG Police Department for 25 years, successfully
fulfilling a number of command and senior positions, including: Commander of
District 5, Director of Community Policing Institute, Commander of Training
and Education, and Operations Duty Commander. My check into his background
revealed him to have the respect and support for a chiefs position from a
number of very well respected senior police executives around our area. He
also clearly is a man of integrity and determination to do an outstanding
job for the residents of Riverdale Park.

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor
Town of Riverdale Park, Maryland