[RP TownTalk] Bandits Post Illegal Signs Again

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 12:29:53 UTC 2011

James,

Thanks for your message and I want to remind residents that they are
completely free to take these signs down.  Police, code and public works
all remove these types of signs, but they come back awfully quick.  Let's
all answer James's challenge and try to take down at least one sign!

Best wishes,

Vern

On Saturday, December 17, 2011, James D. Holmes <jdholmes at comcast.net>
wrote:
> Bandits strike again the week posting illegal signs through the Town of
Riverdale Park.  The bandits are so bold they have even posted a signs
within several hundred feet of the Riverdale Park Police Department at the
intersection of Queensbury Road and Taylor Road..  The signs are also
posted on Baltimore Ave, East West Highway, Riverdale Road and Kenilworth
Ave.

> The signs offer cash for unwanted vehicles.  A majority of the towing
companies that have posted signs similar to this have been involved in
criminal auto theft rings and are not currently licensed to tow vehicles in
Prince George's County.

> Lets tell these bandits they are not welcomed in our neighborhood and to
stop posting illegal signs that reflect poorly upon our Town.  I challenge
all residents to remove at least one illegally posted signs in their
neighborhood to help keep the Town of Riverdale Park clean and free of
crime.

>  Remember the Broken Theory Rule, and lets Stop It Before it Gets Out of
Control.

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor
Town of Riverdale Park, Maryland