[RP TownTalk] Illegal Signs

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 23:10:50 UTC 2011

Mr. Holmes:

Thanks for the scoop on these signs.  I've been saying to my husband for a long time "there must be some scam connected with this, I mean how many 'unwanted cars and trucks' are there?  And if it's a legit business, why not advertise in a legit way??

You are exactly correct.  These signs make our town look trashy.  I've removed many, many signs, mostly up and down Kworth Ave, in places where it is safe to pull over.  I have clippers and a milk-crate in my car to cut down ones with plastic cord.  I've also called code enforcement from my cell phone when I see people posting the signs.

But HELLO!!  My big fat question is - WHY is the sign that is right on the way to where our code enforcement staff WORK is still there?!?!  (At least it was still there recently).  They can't pull the car over and tear it down?  Holy Smokes!!!!  Rome is burning while the people paid to put out the fire are....what ARE they doing??

It's pretty terrible when the citizens who pay taxes have to do the job of the people we PAY with our taxes.

Yes, EVERYONE!!  Pull down these signs the trash up our neighborhood, I agree!

Nancy Mooney