[RP TownTalk] Sign Bandits

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 15:10:44 UTC 2011

Really Vern?  I have seen the signs get cleaned up en mass only 1 time within memory.

The only signs that I've seen come down since that time were signs that I have taken down.  The signs that are currently up right in our faces, in our residential area!  Have been up for some time.  I still see signs every day that I can't reach, or are not in a safe place for me to get to easily, that have been up for many months.  The same signs, NOT replacement signs.

Yes I know they come back quickly, but not that quickly.  And some of the signs littering our intersections are nice signs that someone paid for.  If we take them down quickly enough, they will see it is a losing prop to post illegally in Riverdale and go somewhere else. There were a number of signs, nice ones, for a tax franchise, along Kworth Ave.  I took all down but one, and that one still remains.  Those signs have NOT been replaced.

I don't think our 'code enforcement' can blame the bandits for replacing signs to quickly for them to keep up with.  Let's see those tax-payer salaried people on the streets keeping our town clean.  Of course the residents have a responsibility to act, and I do, but I don't when I have my kids in the car or when it is dangerous.  Also I have mobility issues and can not walk far or fast, so some intersections I can not get to quickly enough.

Nancy Mooney