[RP TownTalk] Tragedy for a neighboring family

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 13:20:55 UTC 2011

Friends and neighbors,

I received this request for assistance from our delegate Justin Ross, just
as my daughter was telling me of the tragedy that struck the Zelaya family
in Hyattsville.  I ask that you all please consider joining me in sending
what assistance you can to this family in their hour of need.

Best wishes,

Vern

Dear Vernon,

This morning in Hyattsville, the Zelaya Family lost their 9-year-old
daughter, Kimberly, to a fire that destroyed their home in the 4700 block of
40th Ave.  Her three siblings were also injured in the fire; two are
currently in stable condition at Children's Hospital, while the other is in
critical condition.

The Hyattsville Community Development Corporation is collecting donations on
behalf of the family.  They are requesting that donations be sent or dropped
off at their main office:

Hyattsville Community Development Corporation
5004 42nd Ave
Hyattsville, MD 20781

I know I have frequently called upon your generosity, but each time I have
been touched by the outpouring of kind inquiries and donations.  I thank you
for all that you have done for your neighbors and for helping the Zelaya
Family in their time of need.

Thank you,

Justin Ross
(301)-858-3652