[RP TownTalk] more openings at the Arts District Shops on Rt 1

Corey Slavitt cls at pobox.com
Sat Jul 16 03:57:54 UTC 2011

I was stocking up yesterday at the Big Bad Woof in Takoma Park/DC in
an attempt to get get ahead of the imminent global economic collapse,
and asked when they would be opening in Hyattsville.  First or second
week in August at the latest, I think, though I was so excited, I may
have gotten the date wrong!  They are upscale, but my German Shepherd
Rescue dog just turned 13 years old last week, and I am so grateful
to this and other local merchants who stock the items that are
keeping her spry and chipper at such an ancient age -- and also
helping to keep my veterinarian bills very, very low.  It would be
wonderful if they were opening in Riverdale Park Town Center, but it
seems that was not meant to be.  Maybe something else will open here
soon.   Maybe a week-long Farmer's Market shop like at Eastern
Market.  Or not.  I love my town, and its Town Center -- even half
empty!

************************************

Dwight & All,

I will tell you that the pet store (upscale) was on Twitter
mentioning the purchasing they are doing for the Hyattsville store.
My guess is probably early August, but they seem on track for opening
soon.

And I like your way of thinking....

Aaron Marcavitch
Executive Director
Anacostia Trails Heritage Area

--------
http://www.marcavitch.com

Also, supposedly the Tara Thai restaurant and the new pet supply
store are also due to open on the same day, though I haven't seen
official confirmation of those.

Now just imagine when our trolley trail bike path is open and we can
all just cruise or stroll down to enjoy these new businesses w/o
hassling with Baltimore Ave!

Now close your eyes and imagine when that same trolley trail bike
path ferries the new residents of the new residences there on Rt 1 up
here to the Farmer's Market and Town Center businesses (current and
yet-to-be!)