[RP TownTalk] (no subject)

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 21:19:17 UTC 2011

All,

We have a few special events coming up in the next few weeks and we hope you can spread the word!

July 31, Noon
Vintage Base Ball
Magruder Park (Hamilton Street, Hyattsville, MD)

Come see 1861 style base ball – vintage uniforms, equipment, and rules.  This program will honor the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War.  ATHA has been working with the City of Hyattsville and MNCPPC’s Sports program to bring the Chesapeake and Potomac Base Ball Club.  We will have peanuts and cracker jack for sale – as well as plenty of water and other refreshments.  Louie from Bowie Baysox will be there around noon to say hi to the kids and tickets for a Baysox game will be available for raffle.  Bring a blanket and chairs to watch this great event.

August 2, 7p
Flag Raising
Burger King Parking Lot (Bladensburg Road, Colmar Manor, MD)

As part of the Night Out program, the Fernebrooks, Lusks, and Republic Foods will be raising a 15 “Star Spangled Banner” flag.  Come celebrate Annual Night Out and the 197th Anniversary of the Battle of Bladensburg.

August 13, Noon-4pm
Battle of Bladensburg Encampment
Riverdale Mansion (4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD)

MNCPPC’s historic Riverdale Mansion is the site of a big encampment to celebrate the Battle of Bladensburg.  This encampment includes historic foods, historic music, and a military demonstration.  This year, the Battle of Bladensburg Task Force, has been planning a major program for the next three years to celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the War of 1812 and the Battle of Bladensburg.  At 2pm, the Task Force will ceremoniously announce the opening of this program and have on display some of the projects we have been working on.  Come out for a unique day and a great time celebrating our history.

Aaron Marcavitch
Anacostia Trails Heritage Area
4310 Gallatin Street

--------