[RP TownTalk] Prince George's County on the Cutting Edge!

Cranky old Coot lking at knob.com
Fri Jun 3 14:03:36 UTC 2011

Ya Ya Bruce I know, back in the good old day! Even then kids wanted to
take the chisels home so they could do their homework on the cave wall.

By the time I went to high school we were advanced. They had slide rules
for everyone to use in class, wouldn't want there to be a technological
divide you know, especially those title I (<-- that's a Roman numeral)
kids. The lucky kid got to use the round slide rules. End of class they
were carefully collected, counted and put back in their boxes. Had to be
careful, kids wanted to take them home you know.

Seems arguments never change, just technology. Whether its copper
instead of iron chisels, pencils&paper or slide rules, slide rules or
calculators, research libraries with card catalogs or the internet; the
arguments are the same, 'it cost to much', 'when I went to school...'

There are societies that choose to let advancements pass them by, we
drive up to PA to look at their quaint life style. Of course if we
really thought it was so great, and not just a curiosity, we would take
the wagon and it would be a two day trip!

So what is the difference iPads in school, quality food stores within
walking distance? Stunted future because they went to school in a
technology desert or lived in a fool desert? The results are the same:
crap for a future.

I on the other hand believe in "Better living through chemistry."

Where are my meds?

--
I'm the Cranky Old Coot's keeper, and I approve this message

Lou King