[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 59, Issue 2

Nicholas Laureys nicholas.laureys at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 01:33:31 UTC 2011

Great point about opening Queens Chapel road!  Obviously, someone with lots
of political sway lived on that street at one point and managed to get the
street closed, pushing all the traffic onto us, the less well-connected. You
wouldn't expect things like that to happen in America, but cronyism knows no
state borders.

NIBMY stands for Not In My BackYard, the idea being that we want to shop in
these such stores but don't want them built in our neighborhoods here.  My
guess is that many of us in Riverdale shop at out-of-county natural foods
stores.  No I don't have many many dollars but Trader Joe's at least sells
Organic groceries cheaper than the other stores.

I'm just worried that in being afraid of congestion etc. we'll drive away
yet another business and end up with Town Center Part Duex.  Wasn't there a
big electronics store that wanted to open up there a while ago?  Right, that
wouldn't fit the town's decor, but how well do vast parks and empty
storefronts fit the town's style??  I too hope that Cafritz gets developed
provided Queens Chapel is opened and/or other road infrastructure
improvements are made.

--Nicholas