[RP TownTalk] Springtime at Riversdale!

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Fri Mar 18 18:34:05 UTC 2011

Hello, I hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather! Some of you
might be aware that the museum has been closed for the past six weeks
during the construction phase of our new HVAC system. While work is
still going on, I am happy to report that, as of this Sunday, March 20,
Riversdale will once again be OPEN for Sunday hours!

If you're looking for a local outing on Sunday, come pop by the
dependency kitchen from noon-3:30pm, where the Riversdale Kitchen Guild
will be preparing foods reflecting period recipes the Calverts might
have used during days of meat abstinence in Lent. The demo is FREE or
tack on a house tour for a small fee!

Keep your eyes out for information about our summer Hands-on History
Weeks, too! Flyers went out to the local schools last week, so you
should be receiving them shortly!

As always, feel free to email me at Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com, call
the office at 301.864.0420, or check out our website,
http://www.pgparks.com/Things_To_Do/History/Riversdale_House_Museum.htm
for more information.

See you soon!

Samantha

Samantha Ferris
Education Coordinator
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com <mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com>  /
www.pgparks.com <http://www.pgparks.com>
301.864.0420 / TTY 301.699.2544 / fax 301.927.3498

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain MNCPPC Department of Parks and Recreation's  proprietary information, which is privileged and confidential. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout