[RP TownTalk] Terrible grafitti in local park

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:54:16 UTC 2011

Forwarded from the Hope List

: E Mulliken <emulliken at gmail.com>
To: HOPE_in_Hyattsville at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, March 20, 2011 10:54:02 PM
Subject: Re: [HOPE_in_Hyattsville] Re: Gang Information Meeting

Erika,

I googled Riverdale Park and graffiti.  I found an old newsletter  from 2009
(below) that said ...If you see suspicious activity or see graffiti anywhere in
Riverdale Park, please call the Riverdale Park Police Department immediately at
301-927-4343.

- Jane Mulliken
---------------

Helping to Keep Riverdale Park Safe, Clean, and Beautiful
Teresa C. Chambers, Chief of Police

It’s not just “luck” that you see very little graffiti on sidewalks, buildings,
street signs, and other objects
throughout Riverdale Park.  Your involvement has helped keep it that
way.  You have kept a watchful eye and have reported suspicious activity when
you have seen it.  When you have noticed graffiti, you
have immediately reported it to us so that we can photograph it, document it,
and work with the property owner to see that it is removed
quickly.  When the graffiti has been placed on public property, we will
remove it promptly, generally within 24 hours.  If a property owner
needs assistance in removing graffiti, we will help with that as well.
 Last summer, through the generosity of the Elks Lodge and
Lions Club, the Riverdale Park Police Department obtained graffiti
abatement equipment.  Perhaps you have seen us in action!
 As the weather gets warmer, the days get longer, and individuals look for
creative ways to express themselves, please watch for people carrying cans of
spray paint or folks lingering around unusual places for long
periods of time.  If you see suspicious activity or see graffiti anywhere in
Riverdale Park, please call the Riverdale Park Police Department immediately at
301-927-4343.  Thank you for helping our town become a “graffiti-free zone.”