[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Wildlife

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Sun May 15 12:48:37 UTC 2011

Hi Jeff, just for your information....
If your tenants keep covers on their trash cans, the opossum would  not be
there.  It would go elsewhere looking for food.  I am  fascinated by these
animals.  The wildlife was here before we were, so they  deserve our respect
and compassion.   May the "animal angels" bless  you.
audrey
read below:

Over 70 million years ago dinosaurs roamed the Earth. While they  are now
extinct, one animal who shared the same land with the dinosaurs still  exists
today... the opossum..
Despite its appearance, the opossum is not  related to the rat. In fact,
the opossum is a marsupial, or "pouched" mammal,  and is therefore related to
other marsupials such as the kangaroo and the koala.  Like kangaroos and
koalas, infant opossums stay inside the mother's pouch to  nurse and develop.
The opossum holds the distinction of being North Americas's  only marsupial.
ps:  In Mexico they eat the tails to increase fertility.

In a message dated 5/14/2011 8:40:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,