[RP TownTalk] speed camera "report"

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Sat Oct 29 11:51:54 UTC 2011

Not only does everyone not agree with its implementation; I do not  forget
that that article and "study" is based on a press release from the
manufacturer/promoter/distributor of the equipment and I believe they have a  vested
interest in its continued use and the revenue generated.  The  "study"
doesn't indicate, for instance, what percentage of the of the so  called
"benefit" is speed reduction caused by increases in traffic volume  which would
skew the results.

I believe all it really does is slow down traffic | -- within the
measuring hash marks -- |.  Many who know the cameras are there have  made an art
form of the "precision slow down"; maintaining or exceeding the  speed limit
just out of camera range.  Many slow down to way under the  speed limit
within the hash marks.  Very often, that speed differential is  quite dramatic.
Hope you're not behind me and daydreaming when  I have to mash on the
brakes!

Adrianne Lefkowitz

Message: 4