[RP TownTalk] speed camera "report"

Carol DePrato tazimax at verizon.net
Sat Oct 29 17:29:26 UTC 2011

Ok, I think that going the speed limit is a good thing, but I have seen several (almost) rear end collisions and a few real accidents from people locking their brakes up at the cameras on Route 1 and in Laurel.  And I never ever approve of "Big Brother" tactics to cure crime.  How long do you think it will be before cameras for "other reasons necessary for our own good" will be placed around.  Has any one ever read or seen 1984?  I don't need my personal privacy invaded every where I go.  I am sure folks won't agree with me, but with our medical records going electronic due to government mandates, our cars monitored at all times by cameras (traffic monitoring, red light and speed cameras), most every public move we make monitored by security cameras.....hmmm 1984 doesn't seem so far fetched.
Carol DePrato Miller