[RP TownTalk] Executive Session and upcoming events regarding Cafritz proposal

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 00:25:57 UTC 2011

To all interested this proposal,

As was announced, the Riverdale Park Town Council met last night in
Executive Session to discuss maters related to the move to put a Whole Foods
in our town. The council made significant progress on a draft statement
about the issues around the project. I expect that this draft will
be released to the public within a few days--probably Monday, or Tuesday of
next week. I want to emphasize that this document is a draft, and not a
final statement and will present significant opportunity for review and
input by all interested parties.

When the draft is ready for release, it will be placed on the Town web site,
and notification will be given through Town Talk, Town Announce, and local
media will be notified too.

The council (including myself) will expect to hear all of your feedback
through the multiple means open to you.

The draft will be placed on the agenda of the next work session for full
discussion by council and to receive public input.

Based on the outcome of the discussion at the work session, the council may
act on the draft at the legislative meeting on October 3, 2011.

Also, we are expecting that the Cafritz team will be making a full
presentation and public meeting at town hall the week prior to our work
session.  When a definite date is settled on we will announce it widely and
plan to mail out an announcement to the whole town.

Of final note, there are no further executive sessions planned at this time.

Sincerely,

Vern

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor