[RP TownTalk] Jey's Auto

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 17:58:51 UTC 2011

The main problem I have with all this - in the past, whenever I or anyone else have made suggestions on town improvements, new projects, etc., the VERY first thing we hear is “we don’t have any money.”  And now in these tough economic times when government services at all levels are being either trimmed back or eliminated, it seems we CAN afford to buy a piece of land on the very edge of town, and presumably spend more taxpayer money to turn it into a park?  Too, since the property IS on the edge of town, in an area where the closest town residents live a few blocks down Cleveland Avenue, a park wouldn’t really be “handy” for people to enjoy.  Unless we’d count driving by and saying “ooh, look at the park?” as being able to enjoy it?  I still think the money would be better spent on existing properties and projects within the town.   If we do in fact have surplus funds lying around, perhaps I should consider standing at the Town
 Hall with a cardboard sign saying “Resident of Riverdale Park; please help, any amount appreciated, God bless.”