[RP TownTalk] Jey's Auto

Andrew Salgadoe asalgadoe at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 12:32:16 UTC 2011

"Ẃe" absolutely should have a say in what businesses come to our town. I think most of us understand that this has to be within reason however. Not allowing a third gas station within a a few yards of each other is a perfect example of regulation within reason.

Bruce, congratulations because your way of thinking is winning in our country. "Citizens" United was a supreme court case where corporations can now funnel unlimited money to politicians. We have presidential candidates reminding us that corporations are people.

We pay the taxes that pay for the roads and infrastructure that serve these businesses, our hard eaned dollars are spent at these places, we live with the pollution and effects they cause, etc etc.

So yes "we" should have involvement in what goes in that prime location. I don't know any of our council members personally but I think on this issue they are protecting our (yours and mine) interests by making sure Riverdale Park is more than a collection of used car dealerships and gas stations.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android