[RP TownTalk] Cable TV Franchise Fee

James D. Holmes jdholmes at comcast.net
Fri Sep 30 14:06:03 UTC 2011

Can anyone advise how the Cable TV Franchise Fee rate is set.  I
received my Comcast bill for this month and the Franchise Fee is listed
at $4.26.  The fee has varied from  $1.53 in June 2010    to the current
rate of  $4.26.  I have made numerous requests to the Town of Riverdale
Park and Comcast to explain how this fee is charged,  no one will answer
my question.

Chapter 61 of the Town Code provides for the establishment of the Cable
TV Franchise Authority.  Who is in charge of this Authority?  Is there a
Chairperson or Committee that represents the residents of Riverdale Park
in dealing with the cable TV companies?  Comcast has made several major
changes to the service that is provided and increased their rates.  Did
you know that effective October 27, 2011, you must have a digital device
adapter on all TV's that is rented by Comcast to receive any cable TV
channels, this includes the Town of Riverdale Park channel.

James Holmes
Taylor Road