[RP TownTalk] This Saturday - Vintage Base Ball

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 20:44:46 UTC 2012

All,

I'm sure by now you are following along with the dozens of weekend events around the Heritage Area by subscribing to the Maryland Milestones' e-list or by watching on Twitter/Facebook - but if you aren't then I wanted to remind you that if you can't root for the ones you love, you might as well root for the ones you're with.  (Someone said that right?)

This Saturday - Magruder Fields, Hyattsville at 1pm will be the Chesapeake and Potomac Base Ball Club with their Opening Day baseball doubleheader.  It will be kicking it 1885 style - no gloves and oddly the job of the pitcher is to get the ball into play - not strike batters out.

I really hope you can come out (its part of the Hyattsville Anniversary Festival this year, but I love the program..).  It will be great family fun!

Aaron Marcavitch
Executive Director
ATHA Inc.
4310 Gallatin Street