[RP TownTalk] English language or Citizenship classes >

Melissa Avery m.avery at rocketmail.com
Sun Aug 19 15:07:06 UTC 2012

>From the HOPE list

Please send along to any neighbors that might be interested in English language or Citizenship classes

> Some of you have asked me for Citizenship preparation class information. Citizenship prep classes are being offered at Northwestern on Mon. and Wed. nights and Langley Park on Saturdays. Citizenship has a $50 tuition fee for the semester plus a small book fee.
>
> Beginning and intermediate classes are free (plus book fee)  and offered at almost all the centers on the flyer. Intermediate and advanced level reading and writing courses have a nominal fee (between $50 - $100 for the semester). These classes are only available at Northwestern High School, Rosa Parks, Eleanor Roosevelt, Bladensburg, Langley Park, and Largo.
>
> I should add that we often have limited space for classes, so if you are planning to take a class, it is best to arrive
> early.
>
> I'm generally at all registrations so if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

these classes are offered through the adult education program at PGCC, but it's the same grant that the literacy council gets from MD Department of Labor and the federal Workforce Investment Act. There are normally two grantees per county. The program at PGCC services close to 6000 students a year through English and GED prep programs.

-Jen