[RP TownTalk] Battle of Bladensburg: A Bicentennial Celebration (A Family Fun Day!)

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 15:26:45 UTC 2012

Saturday, August 25
Noon - 4pm

Bladensburg Waterfront Park
4601 Annapolis Road, Bladensburg Road

Celebrate the story of America’s “Second War of Independence” also known as the War of 1812. Tour the new Visitor Center and learn about the dramatic events that took place in Prince George’s County as the British marched to Washington, D. C. and burned the U. S. Capitol, the Library of Congress, The White House, and other government buildings..

This family-friendly event features:
New Battle of Bladensburg Visitor Center ♦ Interactive Shipwright ♦ Camp Surgeon ♦ Impressment Station ♦ Exhibits ♦ Costumed Interpreters ♦ Period Music ♦ Musket and Cannon Demonstrations ♦ Encampments ♦ Food Vendors ♦ Guided Boat Tours ♦ And More!

FREE

Call 301-779-0371 for more info.
P.S. - Find me there for a free Maryland Milestones T-shirt.  Plus, sign up for a 3 mile, Battle of Bladensburg hike to Fort Lincln and back.  We will leave around 3:30 and will aim to be back by 4:30.  Sturdy shoes are necessary, but it should be a fairly easy, level hike. - Aaron