[RP TownTalk] Thank you - and more to come

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 14:53:38 UTC 2012

ATHA Residents and Supporters -

I wanted to send a warm and generous thank you to everyone who came out on Friday and Saturday for the 198th Anniversary of the Battle of Bladensburg.  If you didn't make it, the new visitors center at Waterfront Park (4601 Annapolis Road, Bladensburg) is open and ready.  Please stop by and learn about this important moment in our history and the impact it made on the War - a war which cemented the rising tide of the US and the falling tide of the UK.  Its a great experience and you can also pick up the Battle Walking Tour to take your own hike.  We will attemp a guided walking tour in September or October, stay tuned for this event.

We had a great time and had over 600 friends come during the weekend - from here locally and from Virginia and DC.  We are busy posting images to our facebook and flickr pages, so please check those in the coming days.  (Don't forget that our Photo Contest is still running, so if you had a good shot, send it to us!  More info is on our website.)

More to Come! We will have information tables at the upcoming events:

Greenbelt Labor Day Festival (Saturday, September 1, 10-4p; Roosevelt Center)
Port Towns Day (Saturday, September 15, 12-5p; Bladensburg Waterfront Park)
Senator Rameriez's Family Picnic (Saturday, September 22, 12-5p; Brentwood Bartlett Park)

Then, you can find us at the upcoming Bostwick Fall Festival.  This program, similar to our spring festival, will have food, fun, and family activities.  We will be sure to spread the word, but mark your calendar now for October 7.  We hope you can come out and support the last big 1812 event for this year. We will have several smaller lectures and programs through the winter, to keep the spirit up.

Don't forget, we will be back with more 1812 fun next year, and in 2014 we will have the grand, 200th Anniversary program!

Thanks again for all the support that the local communities are showing us.  We really appreciate your time and help!
Aaron

P.S. - did you not get a t-shirt?  Give us an email or call and we can make sure we have one for you.  Or just come to the information tables and we will get you one!

Maryland Milestones/ATHA Inc.
http://www.marylandmilestones.org/
301-887-0777