[RP TownTalk] St. Jerome Academy garners more media attention; announces Open House schedule

Chris Currie crcurrie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 19:12:35 UTC 2012

St. Jerome Academy has been prominently featured in yet another media story
-- this time in the national magazine, *First Things*, in an article titled
"A Case for Classical Education."  According to the article:

"St. Jerome’s today has gained national attention for its early successes.
Some classes now have waiting lists. After the first year with the new
approach, math and reading scores jumped. Disproving the notion that a
classical curriculum is elitist, many students who previously struggled
found motivation and success through the rich content and lively
discussions that required them to think deeply."

We invite you to come see for yourself the difference a superior curriculum
and outstanding faculty can make to improve educational outcomes for your
child.  SJA will hold Open Houses on the following Thursday mornings,
8:30-11:30 a.m.:

Dec. 13
Jan. 10, 17, 24, 27 (Sunday 11:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.), 31
Feb. 14, 21, 28
March 14, 21

There will also be a Sunday Open House on January 27, 11:45 a.m. -
1:30 p.m., beginning in the school dining hall, and a special Evening
Presentation of St. Jerome Academy's Educational Plan on February 6 from
7-9 p.m. in the school library.

For the Thursday morning Open Houses, park on the street at
the school's main entrance at 5207 42nd Place in Hyattsville, then ring the
buzzer at the door and proceed up the first flight of stairs and turn right
to the front office.

Please note that although Open Houses will be held through March, SJA has a
rolling admissions policy and some classes are likely to fill up well ahead
of that time.  Applications for the 2013-2014 school year will be accepted
beginning in early January.

Please feel free to contact me by email or phone at any time if you have
any questions or I can assist in any other way.

Best wishes --

Chris Currie

[image: Description: cid:image004.jpg at 01CBF8FD.0CB47B00]

Christopher Currie****

Director of Institutional Advancement****

Saint Jerome Academy****

5207 42nd Place****