[RP TownTalk] Extend the season with An 1812 Winter Evening at Riversdale this Friday!

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Thu Dec 27 20:23:22 UTC 2012

The presents might all be opened and the egg nog might be gone, but that doesn't mean it's time to undeck the halls quite yet! Whether you're looking for a relaxing way to extend the spirit of the season or wondering just what to do with the out-of-towners in your guest room, visiting Riversdale during our 1812 Winter Evening is the perfect choice! On Friday, December 28, from 6-9 pm , we welcome you to the museum for an evening of sights, sounds, and scents 19th-century style! Chat with the visiting troops and listen to the spirited music of the Ship's Company Chanteymen as you tour the decorated and candlelit home, make a pomander and other children's crafts, and enjoy hot cider and refreshments. Martha Washington's Great Cake will be making an appearance, as well!

The cost is $5 for adults and FREE for children 12 & under accompanied by an adult. Come on by at your leisure; no reservations necessary! If you have any questions, please call the office at 301.864.0420.

The staff and volunteers of Riversdale wish you and your families a peaceful end to 2012 and a happy and healthy 2013! We'll see you soon!

Samantha Ferris
Education Coordinator
Riversdale House Museum
4811 Riverdale Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737
Department of Parks and Recreation
The Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission
Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com<mailto:Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com> / history.pgparks.com<http://history.pgparks.com/>
301.864.0420 / fax 301.927.3498
Like us on Facebook!<http://www.facebook.com/riversdalemuseum> / Sign up for Riversdale's e-list!<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=rx4axyiab&p=oi&m=1108931018481>