[RP TownTalk] ERCO buildings

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 19:14:40 UTC 2012

Indeed - as we say, the entire span of human flight is between Bladensburg (first unmanned balloon launch in US) and Greenbelt (Goddard was the first "Houston"). Kenilworth ave should be Aviation Blvd.

I have a back channel note about the fate of ERCo (not good) which I am following up.

Aaron Marcavitch

Sent from my iPhone

 It's a surprise to see how many air fields there were in this area in the infancy of aviation.  The history of airflight and this area is fascinating even for non-aviation buffs.