[RP TownTalk] Question on street repair for the list readers

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 27 09:44:14 UTC 2012

Bear with me please, I am questions for a specific reason
Does anyone on this list know the actual standards used to
reconstruct the town streets?

Please do not tell me to look at such and such source of
information.
A number of streets were reconstructed a couple of years ago.

If you look closely, especially during rain storms, you will perhaps
notice some ruts beginning to appear on SOME of the streets
especially Riverdale Road. One simple example is Riverdale and
Taylor, East bound at the stop sign.

There is a standard used for calculating the requirements for
streets and it is based on traffic load. One term used is ESAL,
or Equivalent Single Axle Load.  Cars represent a much lighter
weight/mass load on the road than buses, trucks, multi axle
trucks, even fire trucks.

I am interested in learning if anyone on this list does actually
know the standard used.

thank you/
bob smith

--