[RP TownTalk] Cafritz mailing

Alan K. Thompson twacks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 18:48:44 UTC 2012

CSX Policy:

New Crossings:

The railroad, in its commitment to employee and public safety, is firmly
opposed to the establishment of any grade crossing. Both federal and state
government policies discourage the creation of new grade crossings. In
seeking to carry out this policy, both the U.S. Department of
Transportation and state agencies have adopted programs to eliminate grade
crossings by constructing bridges or by diverting traffic to existing
overhead, subgrade or at-grade crossings. CSX fully supports these policies
and programs. We strongly urge you to find an alternate means of access –
examine the prospect of providing a bridge – instead of applying for a
grade crossing.

Full story at
http://www.csx.com/index.cfm/customers/non-freight-services/propertyreal-estate/grade-crossing-policy/

Alan