[RP TownTalk] Trolley Line Hiker-Biker Trail underway!

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 22:05:45 UTC 2012

Dannielle Glaros brought it to my attention that EYA (or whoever now owns
the Arts District Development Project) has gone ahead and built their
portion of the bike trail). I took a look today, and here (attached) is a
photo of its start. This is taken behind Busboys & Poets/Yes Organic Market
right next to the tracks. Behind me is the yet-to-be developed portion of
the trail south to Franklin's and Ch. Armentrout Rd/Northwest Branch Bike
Trai.  The newly-paved portion runs up to just shy of Madison St.  MNCPPC
will be building the segments south and north of this EYA section beginning
in April, according to Dannielle.  I guess it will run up to the Cafritz
property line, so we'll face an undeveloped last segment of the trail until
such time that Cafritz goes ahead and builds that.

I also noticed that they've built 45th Ave out to Madison, so we can now
drive, ride, or walk to the new shops without treading on the dreaded Route
1!! Yeah!!!