[RP TownTalk] After the storm getting back to normal

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 12:56:57 UTC 2012

Thank goodness things are getting back to normal here in town!  Lots of bad things happened, but there WERE acts of kindness out there during the aftermath of the storm.  2 things I saw -#1 - I was trying to cross Route 1 at Queensbury on Saturday morning.  It was like rush hour, lots of traffic and of course the traffic lights were out and nobody seemed to be treating the intersection as a 4 way stop.  A man driving west on Queensbury saw me standing at the corner and kind-of nodded at me; he then LEANED on his horn and slowly proceeded across Route 1 and motioned me to go.  As I crossed the street, the traffic stopped and  he kept pace with me in his car!   After I crossed the street I saw several people waiting for the Metrobus, including an elderly man with a walker.  A guy stopped his car and was offering bottles of water to the people at the bus stop.

So these were 2 instances of kindness I personally saw and I'd like to thank both the man in the car and the man with the water for their generosity to strangers.  Anyone else have similiar stories?