[RP TownTalk] Declaration of Independence Reading (& Ice Cream)

Aaron Marcavitch acornhp at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 13:49:11 UTC 2012

Its hot.  Really hot.  But if you are looking for something to do, a way to get out of the house with the kids for a few minutes, we have an idea for tomorrow.

Join the Battle of Bladensburg Task Force as we celebrate Independence Day!

We will start with a reading of the Declaration of Independence by elected officials and residents, followed by scoops of "Star Spangled Explosion" ice cream from the University of Maryland (a mix of strawberry ice cream, sprinkles, and a chocolate cannonball)!

Children are  then invited to sign our copy of the Declaration of Independence in their best John Hancock afterward!

FREE to all!

12:30pm

Bladensburg Library
4280 Annapolis Road
Bladensburg, MD

We also encourage everyone to start at Peace Cross at 11 am for the annual Bladensburg Fourth of July program.  We will not start the reading until the officials from the Bladensburg program arrive.  Its an easy walk and a great way to experience the community.

Also - be sure to check out our calendar for events like the Fireworks at the University of Maryland and the special 75th Anniversary fireworks at Greenbelt's Buddy Attick Park.  Laurel will hold their fireworks on Saturday and the Prince George's African American Museum and Cultural Center will have a family program from noon to 2:30 on Saturday to celebrate Independence Day. Remember to sign up for our eblast at http://www.marylandmilestones.org to hear about all the great events going on in the heritage area.

Aaron Marcavitch
Maryland Milestones/ATHA Inc.